HIDDEN BEACH RECORDINGS
“What We Believe”
Our Guiding Philosophies
- We believe that far too often artists and record labels alike attempt to make music “for radio.” We believe this takes away from the purity of the art form and cheats the artist, the label, the consumer, and ironically, radio itself. The Hidden Beach artist is encouraged to stay true to their inner soul and emotional center. We believe this is the only way to build a career and create music that will last over time.
- We believe that we are in the “Miracle” business. The ability to capture the essence and passion of an artist and preserve it for generations to come is a special privilege, which we consider an immense honor and responsibility.
- We believe that in as much as we have a responsibility to achieve financial and artistic success, we must also give something back to the community, in particular to young people. That is why the Hidden Beach Internship Program is considered as vital an area as any of our music related duties. We also take pride in always extending a helping hand and listening ear to our interns, whether they are involved with our college program or a part of our in-house staff. We believe that we can do our job better if we welcome and utilize the active input from all of our resources.
- We believe that honest, genuine “Word of Mouth” is the most powerful marketing tool available. Therefore, we take pride in paying careful attention to delivering the absolute highest quality music to the consumer. An individual’s appreciation for a particular type of music or artist is an intensely personal experience. To the listener, either music is good or it’s not, and we respect everyone’s opinion.
- We believe the music lover who enjoys the Hidden Beach sound and encourages his or her friends to check us out is our most effective and respected marketing partner. This type of support is priceless and cannot be purchased.
- We believe in thinking and operating beyond the established music industry standards. In this, we relish opportunities to try new things, attempt different approaches and test non-traditional formulas in all areas from the recording process to product marketing to new business ventures.
- We believe in giving artists the creative freedom to try new genres of musical styles. We believe that an artist’s creative ability ultimately suffers if not allowed the room to grow and evolve. For example, the amount and quality of Stevie Wonder’s unreleased jazz, gospel, rock, and country music would amaze the world. Despite the material (some 30 albums) we have enjoyed from him over the years, we still have only touched the tip of the iceberg. Why not a jazz album from Stevie, a gospel album from Ramsey Lewis or a salsa album from Sting? We believe an artist must be given this freedom to create if the world is to appreciate the fullness of their genius.
- We believe in the power and magic of live shows and showcasing artists who embrace the opportunity to perform in front of an audience. We believe that there is no substitute for the “magic” created when an artist connects with a live crowd, each feeding off of the other and together creating something new and exciting. An artist’s ability to share a raw emotional experience with a willing audience is one of the true highs in the entertainment industry.
- We believe in working as a team. At Hidden Beach, we do not assign titles to employees, which can often create unwanted barriers, but rather work as a family to reach collective goals. We believe that a small, dedicated team can and will always outperform a larger, fragmented group.
- We believe that people don’t just stop liking music once they’ve turned a certain age. We believe, in many cases, they feel they’ve stopped having music to like. As a consequence of this these people no longer visit record stores. Therefore, we seek to serve this huge market of discriminating consumers who often find themselves lost in today’s music scene.
- In this vein, we also seek to introduce younger music fans to the thrill of enjoying real artists perform real music. We do not believe that the power of live performance is a lost art form and seek to help a new generation of music lovers discover this experience.
- We believe in keeping an intelligent, lovable dog named Miles in the office.
- We believe artists are blessed with a divine gift and have an unwritten duty to share it with the world. We also believe it is our responsibility as a record company to locate the “cream of the crop” in the artistic community and bring their “gifts” to the public.
- We believe that as artists use their talents to explore their souls for inspiration, they tap into emotions that speak to the common yearnings we all share. It is in this sense that artists and music – regardless of genre – will always occupy a unique place in society.
- We believe in embracing new technology. Ideas that were once far fetched are now a reality; we believe in not only keeping up with technological trends but also creating new ones. We want to be in the vanguard of music quality and help lead the way in industry advancements.
- We believe in welcoming the positive changes that serve as a catalyst in the progression of the entertainment community. We feel that many of the established industry captains and institutions believe they have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, and thus fear change and resist progress.
- At Hidden Beach, we believe in anticipating trends and appreciate enhancements to both the product and the distribution methods that make the process more convenient for the consumer. We look forward to utilizing the internet and other technological advancements to help expand the industry and better serve our audiences.